President and CEO Michael Nowlan leads Marketwire’s corporate vision, business direction and global strategy, and brings to the company nearly 30 years of experience in communications, sales management, financial services and technological innovation. In 1999, he joined Marketwire (then CCNMatthews) as CFO, and then assumed his role as President and CEO in 2001. Michael spearheaded the merging of CCNMatthews and Market Wire in 2006 and, since that time, has been instrumental in driving Marketwire’s rapid growth and increasing the company’s footprint worldwide. Overseeing day-to-day operations and setting overall strategic direction for the company, Michael’s diverse leadership experience has led Marketwire through its acquisition by OMERS Private Equity (formerly OMERS Capital Partners) in 2006 and, most recently, its addition of Sysomos to the corporate family in 2010. Michael is a chartered accountant, an alumnus of Queens University School of Business and serves on the board of the DAREarts Foundation, an organization that uses arts education to empower at-risk children across Canada.
Posts by Michael Nowlan:
- Welcome to a Brand New Day at Marketwire!, 11 May 2012 in Branding & Events & Featured
- 3 ways to get started with content marketing, 24 Jan 2012 in Articles & Branding & How-to & Marketing & Monitoring & Analytics & Public Relations & Social Media
- What does the future hold for press releases?, 18 Oct 2011 in Articles & Branding & Investor Relations & Marketing & Media Relations & Monitoring & Analytics & Public Relations & SEO & Social Media
- Looking back and moving ahead: Marketwire celebrates a monumental year, 17 Dec 2010 in Featured
- The continuing evolution of communication, 28 Sep 2010 in Public Relations
- Sysomos joins the Marketwire family: We did it again!, 06 Jul 2010 in Events & Social Media