Top 10 coolest PR agency reception areas
Published on September 21st, 2011 by Lisa Davis
Many North American employees spend as much time (if not more) at the office as we do at home, so it’s little wonder that we want our workplace to be more than a sea of cubicles bathed in fluorescent light and muzac. But what makes a great space? We set off in search of the coolest PR and marketing agency reception areas knowing we’d see some pretty incredible spaces: exposed brick, funky artwork and open, welcoming interiors. We didn’t expect to see the utterly amazing, quirky, and just plain fun alternatives to traditional office design, including an antique carousel, a barista bar and even a “WOW” bell for clients to ring when they experience great service. Equally impressive was the extent to which these agencies and their employees personified the social media ethos: collaborative work environments, Wi-Fi lounges, breakout spaces that foster creativity and sharing. Let’s take a look at ten of the places some very fortunate and creative people call “the office.”
Take a tour of the 10 coolest PR and marketing agency reception areas:
- Ogilvy & Mather Guangzhou, China
- Taxi Canada, Inc. Vancouver
- Access Advertising & Public Relations, Roanoke
- Big Fuel, New York City
- Laughlin Constable, Chicago
- Mono Ad Agency, Minneapolis
- Dixon Schwabl, Rochester
- Edelman Public Affairs, Washington, D.C.
- Whybin/TBWA/Tequila, Pyrmont, Australia
- Walker Brands, Tampa
- Bonus! David and Sam PR, Phoenix
These spaces are as fun as they are functional, and while each agency listed here is unique in what it offers, a sense of teamwork and accessibility is common to all. Even more impressive is the degree to which each agency has created a sense of self within its own walls. Kudos, indeed.
This post is part of “The Pulse,” a weekly feature that explores trending topics, rankings and industry “bests” across a wide spectrum of communication disciplines. We’ll post a new “Pulse” each week through 2011 here at Channel M. Be sure to read other entries in the series, including:
- “10 Social Media Meccas: Where to Get Connected Worldwide”
- “Top 10 Picks for a Social Media Comeback Award”
- “Engaged to Win: 10 Social Media-Enabled Agencies”
- “Women on Top: 10 Socially Stellar PR Agencies Owned by Women”
Be sure to check back for more in this series. Next up on The Pulse: “Top 10 Most Connected Media Online,” our list of the most engaged media entities.