Engaged to Win: 10 Social Media-Enabled Agencies
Published on August 24th, 2011 by Lisa Davis
[Note: This post is the inaugural entry in “The Pulse,” a weekly feature that will explore trending topics, rankings and industry “bests” across a wide spectrum of communication disciplines. We'll post a new "Pulse" each week through 2011 here at Channel M. ]
Lots of PR and digital agencies do a great job for their clients in helping them to establish a social media presence or build a loyal network of fans and brand advocates. But fewer do a great job with their own social media presence. Today’s social media-enabled agency knows it’s not enough to simply amass a large number of followers or broadcast promotional messages on their Facebook page — audience engagement is the currency of the social media landscape. So who’s doing it right, which agencies are most connected to their communities, and why?
Our list, “Engaged to Win: 10 Leading Social Media-Enabled Agencies,” represents PR, advertising and media agencies who are doing great things in social media (in no competitive or rank order). You can take a closer look at the Who’s, How’s and Why’s on our Marketwire’s SlideShare account, but here’s a snapshot of our ten best:
- Sevans Strategy
- PJA Advertising + Marketing
- MWW Group
- Porter Novelli
- Command PR
- We Are Social
When deciding on who to include in “Engaged to Win: 10 Leading Social Media-Enabled Agencies,” we considered several factors. Overall social media profile numbers did play a role in our selection, but so did other important criteria: participation across multiple social media platforms; integration of social media into company website; mentions and sharing by (and with) fans; and consistent participation.
“The Pulse” – Shareable and share-worthy content with a twist
Working with our friends at CommPRO.biz, we’ll pull insights and analyses from a variety of sources, including Sysomos MAP, in order to see what products and brands are attracting the most attention, and what companies and agencies are doing with social media. We’ll post weekly entries here, on the Channel M blog, and also to our SlideShare account.
Topics in the weeks ahead include:
- Women on Top: 10 Stellar PR Agencies Owned by Women
- Top 10 Picks for “Social Media Comeback” Award
- Top 10 Picks for Coolest Agency Reception Areas
- 10 Hot Spots to Take Agency Clients in NYC, Chicago, LA, and Toronto
- 10 Social Media Meccas: Where to Get Connected
- The New Breed: 10 PR Blogs to Follow
- Thumbs Up: Our 10 Favorite Agency Facebook Pages
- Show Me the Money: 5 Leading Cities for PR Salaries
- Reputation is Everything: 10 Noteworthy Corporate Winners in Online Reputation
Stay connected to “The Pulse.” Share, explore, learn and let us know what you think.
- Check out our six-chapter eBook, “Mastering Audience Engagement: Reinventing Your Role in a New Media World.”
- Download the Sysomos white paper, “Building a Business Case for Social Media. A Guidebook to the Benefits of Social Media and How to Sell it to the C-Suite.”