Top 10 Marketwire blog posts – social media, SEO, PR, IR
Published on December 31st, 2010 by Nick Shin
Yes, it’s that time of year when top 10, end-of-year lists seem to be everywhere. People like to predict what’s to come for the year ahead, or reflect on the best (and worst) from the year that’s ending. So, to join the bandwagon, we will take the latter approach.
These are our list of top 10 blog posts of the past year. Covering a variety of topics including social media, SEO, public relations, media relations and investor relations, these 10 posts are the most retweeted, most searched and most viewed postings from the Marketwire blog during 2010:
- Why businesses should use social media – 7 reasons why your business should begin using social media
- How to write a feature press release – 5 tips to writing your feature release that includes ideas, tips, and tricks.
- Sysomos joins the Marketwire family – Our CEO, Michael Nowlan, talks about our acquisition of social media monitoring company, Sysomos.
- Building strong stakeholder relations with social media – Learn how IR pros can use social media to strengthen the IR function and discover some “untruths” about social media for IR
- Tips on trade show etiquette – 6 tips to help you be the coolest booth on the block
- How to write a boilerplate – 7 tips on how to write one
- How to choose target keywords in your press releases – 4 easy steps to help you choose the best target keywords
- How to avoid common press release pitfalls – Avoid these 7 common pitfalls when writing your next press release
- How to use multimedia and social media to support SEO – Helpful tips in boosting your SEO effort
- How to choose the right media monitoring keywords for best results – 8 tips to refine your keywords to optimize results
We hope you enjoyed Marketwire’s first annual look at our most popular blog posts. Can you predict what is going to be on the 2011 list? At the rate the PR industry and the global business climate are changing, who knows?
Join us every Thursday at 9 AM PST for social media measurement chat on Twitter using hashtag #smmeasure. We welcome you to join the conversation on our Facebook page and Social Media Corner LinkedIn Group. If you have any questions for the community, tweet @marketwire or send me an email nshin[at]marketwire.com.
Have an enjoyable and safe New Year. Here’s to a great 2010, but an even better 2011. Cheers!