Get social media fit. Fast. Our SM 10×30 program makes it easy.
Published on January 19th, 2010 by Lisa Davis
Frustrated with Facebook? Troubled by Twitter? LinkedIn got you feeling locked out? For many PR professionals, the social media landscape remains uncharted territory – fear of entry seems to outweigh the benefits of taking part in online conversations and engaging in social networks. But you know social media is important to you and your clients. It’s more than just a fad, and it’s changing the way people interact with one another and with organizations, and the way they get their news:
- 70 percent of companies are utilizing social networking*
- 62 percent of companies are microblogging*
- 75 percent of journalists are reading blogs for story ideas**
- 46 percent of adults are active on social networking sites***
Not up to speed on social media? Don’t despair. With the right coaching and plan of attack, you can enter the social space and strengthen your social media skills. Introducing Marketwire’s Social Media Fitness Program – a free, online training series dubbed SM 10X30 (two tracks, 10 workouts, 30-minutes each) that targets PR, IR and marketing communications practitioners, from those brand-new to social media to those with intermediate social networking skills.
How does SM 10X30 work?
SM 10X30 participants can follow one of two tracks and, upon registration, receive 10 HTML workouts by email each day:
- Basic Training Track: Need social media basics? Sign up to learn how to set up profiles, build networks, learn to listen and take part in social media conversations.
- Core Conditioning Track: Already active in social media, but hit a roadblock? Sign up and learn how to strengthen and better manage your social media networks, promote your company and/or clients, generate metrics and engage in best practices.
Who will benefit?
Everyone can benefit from the SM 10X30 program – PR, IR and MarComm practitioners across large and boutique agencies, communicators working in public companies, private and not-for-profit organizations, consultants and private practitioners. These days, it’s getting tough to find a professional discipline not impacted by social media.
What will you learn?
SM 10X30 workouts include essential ways to boost social media skills. And, with easy-to-follow, practical instruction, you will learn how to:
- Pump up your social network
- Find people online
- Connect with media in the social space
- Scope out the competition
- Manage the time you spend participating in social media
In 2010, you can become stronger and more successful in social media. Commit yourself to just 30 minutes a day for 10 days and impress yourself (and your clients and peers!) with your newly toned tweets, fabulously fit Facebook page, and leaner LinkedIn profile.
Sign up today, and continue to watch the blog for updates, tips and feedback.
* 2009 Digital Readiness Report: Essential Online Public Relations and Marketing Skills
**Brodeur Worldwide Survey
*** Pew Internet and American Life Project